“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. “-John C. Maxwell
It’s not what you do every once in a while that makes an impact on your life it’s what you do consistently and daily. Everyday we have the opportunity to develop habits that will greatly impact our everyday lives, because what we do daily determines our future.
What if I told you that you have more control over your future than you know? How would that impact your everyday actions?
Developing a routine is not just about doing the same things everyday, but its about intentionally developing your life in such a way that your level of efficiency would be at its greatest. When our lives are in order and efficient our potential for growth is maximized.
Imagine really being able to accomplish many of the dreams and the goals that are in your heart; without a daily routine reaching those things will be impossible. Some of the most successful people in the whole have a daily routine, so if our goal is to be successful we must also develop a daily routine.
“Your future is found in your daily routine. Successful people do daily what others do occasionally .”- Paula White
How do I develop a daily routine?
- Think about the goals you desire to reach. What are your goals? In what time period of time do you desire to reach your goals? Having goals gives us something to aim for in life. They keep us moving and growing through life. When we set time periods for our goals it motivates us to take action everyday so we have the opportunity to accomplish our goals.
- Structure your life in such a way that you are able to work towards those goals everyday. For example, if I wanted to start a business. I would schedule time everyday to read about people who have a successful business. I would schedule time to think, plan and apply action to actually start a business. Structure keep us accountable and creates room for greater creativity. When we have certain times blocks in our day for certain activities we know that in order to accomplish the mission of that day we must complete the scheduled activity. Creating a schedule helps us to keep structure in our lives.
- Follow through. Writing down our goals and creating a structured environment is the start point of developing a routine but the most important part is following through. In order to accomplish the mission of efficiency and setting ourselves up for success we must follow through and apply action to accomplishing our schedule everyday. Now everyday wont be perfect and sometimes you may experience an emergency but if remain consist even after interruptions or break you will maximize your potential for growth and success.
- Eliminate distractions. Distractions hinder us from staying on task. Distractions can range from things like notifications on your phone, social media, an unexpect visit from a friend, etc. Create boundaries around your schedule so that you are able to stay on task, guard your time because time is something that we can never get back.
“If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine its lethal.”-Paulo Coelho
What should my daily routine look like?.
Start your day off by doing something that will get you in a good mood. Start your day off by drinking coffee, tea, lemon water, smoothies, or whatever helps you get going. Take time to exercise, have devotion time or think so your brain can get going. If you are more energized and alert and your best possible self in the morning time than you should use your mornings to do the most important task. If you are a night owl, than you should use the night time to do your most important task. Of course this all depends on the requirements of your schedule. I am a morning person, stay at home mom and a virtual teacher so my early morning times are maximized with devotion, thinking time, and mental breaks and any other important task that I am able to do, because I am most alert in the morning, plus still my babies are sleep.
These are some important task to include in your daily routine:
- Start your day off with coffee, tea, lemon water, smoothie, etc.
- Devotion/Think time
- Alone time/ Take a mental break
- Self Care
- Family and relationships
- Personal growth time
- Free time
I want to challenge you to takes some time and think about the goals you wish to accomplish before the end of this year. Write down your goals and develop a schedule and a plan to accomplish those goals. Do schedule times every day to move forward, remember what you do today and your daily routine determines your future.
Thanks for reading!
Like, Comment, Share, Reflect